|1. Look at the 4 call numbers listed below. What can you say about them without going to the shelf?
2. Why view an individual book record in eLibrary?
3. What can you say about your search results?
4. Which of the following is true of the EBSCOhost eBook collection?
5. Which of the following can you do using the eLibrary catalog?
6. What makes this book a useful starting point for your research?
7. Why is this reference book a useful source for your paper?
8. After locating and comparing the tables, you found the information you needed. What did you find?
9. Look at the table Toxic Chemical Releases by State and Outlying Area: 2009. If you were writing a paper comparing toxic chemical releases in California with those in other states, why would this table be useful?
10. Which of the following subjects are covered in the Bradbury entries in Short Story Criticism?
11. Which of the following are true of cumulative reference books?
12. One difference between magazines and journals is that:
13. In which one of the following magazines was this article published?
14. In which format does the Cuesta Library carry your periodical for that date?
15. After applying the Peer Review option, what can you say about your results?
16. Look at the results on the screen. Your three articles are there. Which of the following choices does the EBSCOhost database offer you?
17. Read about Boolean searching. What are the three Boolean operators used to narrow or broaden your search results?
18. Which of the following statements reflect ways of using EBSCOhost to make your database searching more effcient?
19. What information about your topic is found on this page?
20. Which of the following is true of researching any topic, including the environment?
21. Which action does SIRS not let you perform from your tagged list page?
22. What makes SIRS a good source for information on social issues?
23. When is the ProQuest NNC a good choice for research?
24. How does ProQuest NNC help make you more efficient at searching?
25. Scroll back up to the Abstract. What is an abstract?
26. Which of the following statements is true?
27. What can you say about using NewsBank?
28. What happens when you use quotation marks to enclose your keyword phrase on Google?
29. What can be said about your results?
30. Which of the following statements is true?
31. What does the information in the box tell you about the site without even going to it?
32. A researcher will use academic subject directories because:
33. By looking carefully at a URL, you may be able to tell:
34. Which of the following sources will usually have information that has been evaluated? (see list above)
35. Under DHMO Special Reports, select Enviro. Impact of DHMO. According to this site, DHMO is implicated in which of the following:
36. You are at the home page for IPL2. Type DHMO in the search box. Click on Search. What does DHMO stand for?
37. How would you characterize this site?
38. Which of the following is true of this site?
39. Which of the following statements about the site are true?
40. According to this site, the Pacific tree octopus is found in the temperate rain forests of North America. Scroll down the page and look at the links and other information. Select a few links. What can you say about this site? What is its purpose?
41. This looks like a good page for your topic. Why wouldn’t you use it, even though it comes from a reputable source?
42. What can be said about this example of a Wikipedia article?
43. What are you doing when you paraphrase a sentence or an idea?
44. For your paper on the decline of marine habitats, you used an article in the November 12, 2011 issue of Newsweek magazine entitled “Saving the Coral Reefs.” This 3 page piece was authored by Ron Moreau and starts on page 58. Using MLA, select the correct format for listing this article in a Works Cited page.
45. The above is a sample of a title page from a book. According to MLA the citation format for a Works Cited page should be:
46. The article above was found on the online database SIRS and was accessed on Sept. 1, 2009. According to MLA, the correct citation for this article in a Works Cited page is:
47. The article above was found on the Web-based source National Newspaper Core and accessed on June 12, 2010. According to MLA, the correct citation for this article in a Works Cited page is:
48. The above is a magazine article taken from EBSCOhost. It was accessed on September 25, 2009. What is the correct MLA format for citing it?